Apple Pie Cookies



Every once in a while I will stumble upon something from the wide world of internet food blogging sites and it winds up being so amazing I have to share! These little cuties were just oozing with deliciousness and I had to tell their yummy little secret. Besides, I can't be the only one sitting on their couch getting happily plump! How fair would that be?

I adapted the recipe from:http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/10/apple-pie-cookies/. I of course took the liberty of making a few short cuts for us busy types and they still came out something short of an mini-apple pie mouth miracle!

Crust
Love me or hate me but I actually got the pre-made pie-crust from the grocery store. It honestly saved me A LOT of time and it worked so fabulously that you won't even miss being Betty Crocker! I used a Whiskey glass to cut out the circles and a smaller metal cookie cutter that I had to cut the apples to fit JUST right in the center! (You can also use a knife/scissors to cut them to shape as well) I cut out all of my circles from the pie crust first! (It makes things go so fast)

Filling
3 medium apples, whatever you like to bake with
Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
1/3 cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
1 teaspoon (2 grams) ground cinnamon
Few gratings fresh nutmeg
A pinch of any other spices you like in your apple pie

I peeled my apples and I cut them in half. You can choose to core and cut but you want to get NICE round pieces so cutting the whole apple going form outside in works best! I used my smaller cookie circle cutter to punch out my apple slices for the cookies.

My mouth was watering handsomely as I mixed mixed my sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl and started dippity dip dipping my happy little apples in this magical concoction.

I laid them in the center of my pastry circles, wet the peeking edges with some water, sealed them with another tasty pastry crust, and then used my fork to give them pretty edges! Don't forget to use a knife to cut slits to vet these little guys or else they might get angry with you when they are baking!

To finish
1 large egg
Coarse or granulated sugar for garnish

I slathered these wonderful delights with some egg wash, sprinkled them gingerly with some sugar/cinnamon, and put them in the oven @ 350 and waited until they were all goldenly delicious! (About 20-25 minutes)

Warning: You may eat them all in one sitting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts